Deadline: January 31, 2017
Salary: $48,078Â Annually
The application period closes on January, 31 2017.
An important step in our effort to ensure that the most talented men and women are entering the Chicago Police Department as Police Officers is to get the word out to all areas of the City.
- Joining the Chicago Police Department allows Chicagoans to make a difference in their community while providing a stable, well-paying job that can support their families.
- Police officers have enormous pride in what we do. We are serving our families, our neighbors and our communities every day, making the world better for those around us.
- Our police force is working hard and earning a salary that allows them to live comfortably.Â After just 18 months on the job our officers are earn $72,510 a year.
- The opportunity to apply to the police force only comes around every few years.
- Applying is simple and quick. The first step is to apply to sit for the entrance exam. JustÂ click hereÂ to start your application. You can access the website on a mobile phone or on free computers at any one of your neighborhood libraries.
- Once you apply youâ€™ll be sent details for the exam, which be held April 1st & April 2nd in 2017, as well as plenty of materials to help you prepare for the test. But donâ€™t be concerned â€“ the pass rate for the exam is over 80%.
- Applications will be accepted through January 31stÂ 2017
Minimum requirements to take the written examination:
- Minimum age of 18 (must be 18 by April 30, 2017)
Requirements for hire (NOT required at time of application):
- 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) from an accredited college or university, or 3 years active duty, or one year active duty and 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours)
- A valid Driverâ€™s License
- A valid FOID
- Actual Resident of the City of Chicago
- Permanent resident of the United States (Citizenship is NOT required)
Those who pass the written examination will be randomly referred to CPD for further processing which includes:
- POWER test (Police Officerâ€™s Wellness Evaluation Report) â€“ tests for physical ability
- Background investigation
- Drug screening
- Medical Examination
- Psychological Examination
- Other tests as required by CPD
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.