Public Safety Officer
Deadline: March 28, 2016
The Village of Rosemont Board of Public Safety Commissioners will be holding an examination for the position of Public Safety Officer. Applicants can obtain an application packet from the Commission Secretary in the Investigations Division office located on the forth (4th) floor, at 9501 W. Devon Rosemont, IL beginning March 09 â€“ 18, 2016 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. â€“ 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday only. All applications and required documentation must be returned to the commission secretary by 5:00 p.m. on March 28th, 2016. A non-refundable $20.00, cash only, processing fee will be charged for the application packet at time of pick up.
To participate in the examination process applicants must:
- Be a United States citizen and have been a citizen since April 10th, 2015
- Be at least twenty-four (24) years old and less than thirty-five years old on April 10th, 2016. Applicants
under the age of twentyâ€“five (25) will not be eligible to be sworn in as a probationary public safety officer until they are twenty-five (25). An applicant who is thirty-five or more years old on April 10th, 2016 will be permitted to take the examination if the applicant meets the requirements of section 10-2.1-6 of the IL Municipal Code. Those requirements include having been employed as a police officer or firefighter in a regularly constituted municipal police or fire department or having been employed by the Village of Rosemont as an Auxiliary Officer for a period of at least five (5) years and being under the age of forty (40) on April 10th, 2016.
- Be a high school graduate or passed an equivalency examination, be employed by the Village of Rosemont as a Communications Officer for the Public Safety Department, and have been employed as a Communications Officer and or an Auxiliary Public Safety Officer for not less than two years OR
- Completed not less than forty-five (45) credit hours (or the equivalent) with an overall grade point average of not less than 2.0 (or the equivalent) at an accredited college or university, provided that no person who qualifies to take the examination on the basis of college or university credits earned shall be eligible to be sworn in as a Public Safety Officer unless such person has at the time of swearing in completed not less than sixty (60) credit hours (or the equivalent) at an accredited college or university OR
- Two (2) years of full-time active Military service in the United States armed forces with an Honorable discharge and have a High School diploma or itâ€™s equivalent.
- Attend a mandatory orientation meeting for prospective applicants on April 10th, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. at the Rosemont Health & Fitness Club at 10225 Higgins Road in Rosemont IL where testing procedures, salary, and benefits will be discussed. Persons who fail to attend the orientation will not be eligible to participate in the examination process.
Following the mandatory orientation meeting on April 10th, 2016 at the Rosemont Health & Fitness Club at 10225 Higgins Road in Rosemont IL, the physical strength and agility test will be given beginning at 7:30 p.m.
All persons appointed to serve as a Rosemont Public Safety Officer, are required to be residents of the Village of Rosemont with a permanent abode therein no longer than 6 months after appointment and must maintain continued residence within the village of Rosemont throughout their service as a public safety officer.
Board of Public Safety Commissioners
The Village of Rosemont is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.