Battalion Chief of Fire Prevention and Public Education
Final Filing Date: April 19, 2015
Salary: $65,020-$97,510 Per YearÂ
Requirements: Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Fire Science or related field, at least five years fire fighting, fire suppression, supervision, training, operations, and management experience, or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the skills and abilities described in the job description and be capable of performing all essential functions of the position.
- Thorough knowledge of all fire operations and emergency techniques and procedures authorized by the Appleton Fire Department or nationally recognized good practice.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, rules and regulations, and S.O.G.’s of the Fire Department and City.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and coordinate work.
- Ability to prepare and present annual budget proposals.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of fire and life safety prevention principles.
- Thorough working knowledge of fire chemistry, building construction, fire and building codes and the ability to apply this knowledge to specific fire and emergency situations, inspection activities, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of fire operations, administration and public management.
- Knowledge of the physical layout of the City, major buildings/target hazards, water supply, hydrant locations, etc.
- Knowledge of inspection and sprinkler applications, life safety codes and city ordinances for developing programs and providing public information and enforcement activities.
- Knowledge of and ability to administer advanced first aid and CPR.
- Ability to keep accurate records and evaluate impact of public education programs and other prevention programming.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with diverse groups within and outside the City organization.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with news media and other agencies and appropriate skills in public speaking and public relations.
- Ability to deliver effective educational programs through existing staff and volunteers.
- Ability to recognize and identify fire and life safety issues that need to be addressed and to take immediate and appropriate action.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Wisconsin Certified Fire Fighter II, Fire Officer and Fire Instructor I.
- Ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the department and organization.
- Possess and maintain a valid Wisconsin Drivers license.Â
To Apply: Apply online at link below
F.D/City Web Site: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/appletonwi/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=1114557&hit_count=yes&headerFooter=1&promo=0&transfer=0&WDDXJobSearchParams=%3CwddxPacket%20version%3D%271%2E0%27%3E%3Cheader%2F%3E%3Cdata%3E%3Cstruct%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27CATEGORYID%27%3E%3Cstring%3E%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27PROMOTIONALJOBS%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27TRANSFER%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27FIND%5FKEYWORD%27%3E%3Cstring%3E%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3C%2Fstruct%3E%3C%2Fdata%3E%3C%2FwddxPacket%3E