Final Filing Date: May 3, 2015
Salary: $41.60 – $47.54 Hourly
$86,528.00 – $98,883.20 Annually
- Five years of responsible and varied senior management experience in a directly related fire service capacity encompassing significant responsibility for the development and administration of fire department programs, services and resources. Such experience would normally be gained after graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelorâ€™s degree in fire management, public administration or a related field. Other combinations of education, training and/or experience which can be demonstrated to result in the possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this position will also be considered.
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driverâ€™s License at the time of appointment and maintain during entire duration of appointment.
Necessary Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of modern fire administration
- Ability to work with laws and regulations, sometime written in legal terms
- Ability to use practical thinking to conduct or supervise investigations
- Knowledge of the full range of supervisory principles and practices, labor relations and personnel management
- Ability to plan, direct and supervise the work of the department
- Ability to deal with various kinds of people
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence
- Ability to keep physically fit
- Knowledge and ability to use fire-fighting equipment and other safety devices
- Ability to prepare effective written reports and correspondence, and delivering effective oral communication
- Knowledge and ability to properly utilize and use computers and applications, webinars, cellular phones, video conferencing, two-way radios, etc.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems, evaluate alternative solutions, and make sound judgment in stressful situations
- Knowledge of the ordinances and statues affecting the operation of the department
- Ability to plan and direct programs and activities including employee training and development, and fire prevention and investigation
- Ability to recruit and manage fire department members effectively