Chicago Fire Department Hiring-FirefighterÂ Resources
Chicago Fire Department released a statement today that they will be recruiting for the position of Firefighter-EMT. Their Facebook page states applications will be available July 16, 2014. Here is a link to the Chicago Fire Department hiring Facebook Page. Â It appears the initial testing process could be Firefighter-EMT Examination: December 13 & 14, 2014 As of right now they don’t have a application available, we will inform you when it becomes available.
Good Luck to all applying. We will update as we get more information on the process!
CLICK HERE forÂ Chicago Fire Department Application website
- Firefighter study guides for the written test
- Candidate Physical Ability Test Resources
- Test taking strategies
- How to nail the oral interview the first time resources
- Practice civil service exams for the Chicago Fire Department hiring process
- The cost to apply is $30.00
- Application process and link to website will be open from July 16 – September 16
- Must be 18 years old at time of written exam
- CPAT required after successful passing of the written exam
- Updated info 7/16/2014: This from the official CFD Firefighter recruitment page-CPAT certification is not necessary to sit for the 2014 Firefighter-EMT examination being held this December 13th and 14th Chicago Fire Department application. You must have a valid, non-expired CPAT (Candidate Physical Ability Test) certification at the time of pre-employment processing by the Chicago Fire Department. The CPAT certification must be current and valid by the candidateâ€™s start date in the Fire Training Academy. Depending on an applicant’s place on the eligibility list and the operational need of the Chicago Fire Department, applicants will be called for pre-employment processing over a period of one to seven years. Some applicants may not be called at all. CPAT certification is only valid for the Chicago Fire Department for one year. Please act accordingly.
- 7/25/2014 Article on Chicago Public Schools getting preference points for 2014 Hiring process. Chicago Firefighters Local Union 2 threats for a Law Suit but says they are willing to discuss and work together for a compromise. Â CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE
- 7/30/2014 Mayor Emanuel Defends CPS hiring preference points Â for CPS graduates CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE
- 8/19/2014 Article & Video on Chicago Firefighters haven’t tested since 2005 CLICK HERE FOR ARTICLE