South Elgin Fire Protection District
- US Citizenship
- No Felony Convictions
- Valid Driverâ€™s License
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 21 to 35 years of age by date of hire unless otherwise exempt by statue
- Illinois Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter Certification at time of conditional offer of hire
- IDPH EMT-Paramedic License at time of conditional offer of hire
- CPAT and Ladder Climb verification (no more than one year old) by date of application
Online Applications will be available beginning Monday, January 12, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. local time.Â The last day for applications is Monday, February 2, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. local time.Â No applications will be accepted after this date and time.Â There is a $20.00 non-refundable fee for each department to which you wish to apply.Â Once you successfully confirm the application and its contents, you will be given an onscreen confirmation number. Print the confirmation page(s) with the number(s) for your records.
Prepare a 10″ X 13″ manila envelope, labeled with the departmentâ€™s name and your name (last name, first name, mi) in the upper left corner of the envelope. In separate envelopes, insert the Required Documents (see checklist) for each department to which you wish to apply. Required documents shall be submitted at the mandatory orientation on February 23, 2015.
All applicants must attend a MANDATORY ORIENTATION which will start promptly at 7:00 p.m. onÂ Monday, February 23, 2015Â at the College of DuPage, SRC 2000 (old SRC 2800). Any candidate arriving after 7:00 p.m. will NOT be admittedâ€”no exceptions. Please arrive no later than 6:30 p.m.
You must provide two (2) forms of identification at check in:
1) Photo identification
2) Proof of your signatureÂ (i.e. driverâ€™s license, Social Security Card, state ID, etc.)
Directions to the College of DuPage can be found at this website:Â www.cod.edu/Maps_Loc.htm
Prior to the written exam, eligible candidates will be emailed the scheduled exam time. The Written Exam will be held for eligible candidates on Monday, March 16, 2015 at the College of DuPage in room SRC 2000 (old SRC 2800).