Agency Profile â€“ Tri-State FPD, IL
The Tri-State Fire Protection District is located in Darien, IL.Â Â The District serves areas east of Cass Avenue and south of 67th Street as well as west of Route 83 and north of I-55 (Stevenson Expressway).Â Â District residents receive the benefits of ALS services and fire personnel from four fire stations. Additional information about the District is available at its website Tristatefd.com.
The Tri-State Fire Protection District Board of Commissioners is charged with the appointment of all firefighters. To be considered for employment, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be a United States citizen;
- Have no felony convictions;
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED);
- Possess a valid driverâ€™s license;
- Have a valid social security number;
- Be 21 years of age, but not older than 34 years of age by the application deadline (01/26/15) unless exempt by state statute;
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) EMT-Paramedic License by application deadline;
- 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) or college credit (OFFICIALÂ TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AS PROOF)
- Certification that a firefighter candidate has successfully, within the twelve (12) months immediately preceding the conduct of the written test, passed the CANDIDATE PHYSICAL ABILITY TEST (CPAT)/Approved Ladder ClimbÂ (valid if issued from between 01/26/14-01/26/15)
- Within 90 days of appointment, candidates must have anÂ IDPH EMT-P License that will successfully test into the Good Samaritan system.
IOS Recruitment is managing the application process on behalf of the Tri-State Fire Protection District. Applicants will be required to purchase the application for a nonrefundable fee of $35. Should you have any questions, contact IOS Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800)-343-HIRE.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU CANNOT EMAIL YOUR APPLICATION TO IOS RECRUITMENT. APPLICATIONSÂ MUST BEÂ HAND DELIVERED OR MAILED TO IOS RECRUITMENT. APPLICATIONSÂ WILL NOTÂ BE ACCEPTED VIA EMAIL.
Applications will be available fromÂ December 16, 2014 to January 26, 2015.Â Â All applications and required documents must be submitted to IOS Recruitment byÂ JANUARY 26, 2015 at 4:00 PM OR YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED INELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATEÂ in the testing process.Â Â You are wholly responsible for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of your application.
VisitÂ recruitment.iosolutions.orgÂ to purchase and complete the online application for the position of Tri-State FPD. THE DEADLINE FOR THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS JANUARY 26, 2015 AT 4:00 PM.Â WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE APPLICATION YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION NUMBER. SAVE THIS NUMBER FOR YOUR RECORDS. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documents for submission. Click on Job Applications at the top of the webpage and select Fire Job Applications. You will then click the â€œBuyâ€ icon next to the Tri-State FPD, IL Job Application. You will then need to enter in your shipping information near the bottom left side of the webpage (NOTE: this application will NOT be shipped to you) and then click the â€œproceed to the checkoutâ€ icon near the bottom right side of the webpage.Â
The initial testing process will consist of two primary components: a traditional firefighter examination and a situational judgment test.Â Â Both will be administered in a paper-and-pencil format.Â Â The firefighter exam will assess job-related cognitive abilities, personality characteristics and behavioral traits.Â Â The situational judgment test will assess job-related skills associated with interpersonal and problem-solving interactions similar to those you may have on the job.Â Â You do not need to have any firefighter experience, training or knowledge to successfully complete these tests.Â Â An orientation will be provided immediately prior to the administration of the tests to provide further information regarding the testing process.
The candidate orientation and written exam will be conducted on Saturday, February 28, 2015 at Hinsdale South High School, Cafeteria, 7401 Clarendon Hills Road, Darien, IL 60561. Sign-in will begin at 7:30 a.m. You are required to arrive at the testing location no later than 8:00 a.m. to sign-in.Â Â The mandatory orientation will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m., and will be followed by the administration of the written exami