The selection process for Certified Firefighter/Paramedic consists of several steps and is intended to produce a pool of candidates who are qualified to become Lewisville Firefighters. Upon employment you must be a Texas Commission of Fire Protection Certified Firefighter and a Texas Department of Health certified Paramedic. The City of Lewisville does not fall under State Civil Service Law.
The starting pay for a Certified Firefighter/Paramedic is $56,952.00. The top of range salary for a certified Firefighter/Paramedic is $69,216.00. A full complement of benefits are offered including medical, dental, life insurance, retirement (TMRS), employee and dependent sick leave, vacation, longevity pay, and long-term disability insurance. The City of Lewisville does not participate in Social Security. Employees have the option of contributing to a deferred compensation plan.
Vacancies will be filled immediately based on the eligibility list established through the testing procedures. The eligibility list is good for one year or until the list is exhausted. As vacancies occur they will be filled using the established list.
- Applications will be accepted online at www.cityoflewisville.com through Friday, April 15, 2016. Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to the Lewisville Human Resources Department 972-219-3450.
- After you have completed your application on-line, please mail or fax a copy of your Texas Department of State Health Services Paramedic Certification, as well as your Texas Commission of Fire Protection Certification to the following address:
151 W. Church St.
Lewisville, TX 75057
FAX 972-219-5005 or e-mail to email@example.com
Employment Application – All applicants must complete an online application for the selection process. THE APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED ON-LINE ON OR BEFORE THE FOLLOWING DATE:
APPLICANT TESTING and SELECTION PROCESS
Rapid Panel Interview:
*** Any incomplete Personal History Statements, Polygraph Packets or supporting documentation will be cause for removal from the process.
*** No applicant will be admitted to the interview without an official picture ID (driver’s license, Texas state-issued ID card, or military ID). The following IDs will not be accepted: Employer IDs, Student IDs, and other state IDs other than driver’s license. YOU WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO THE INTERVIEW WITHOUT THE REQUIRED ID.
*** Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation for a disability in the essay process must submit such request in writing to the Director of Human Resources a minimum of five days prior to the Rapid Panel Interview/Essay.
Applicant testing will be conducted April 27, 28 & 29 2016. Candidates will be assigned dates and times after application deadline.
Physical Ability Test: April 27, 28 & 29 2016
Test Site Address: 701 Sewage Treatment Plant Road
Physical Ability make up test:
TEST INFORMATION CLICK ON THIS LINK;
· Suppresses fires to preserve lives and property.
· Provides pre-hospital care at the basic life support level.
· Maintains advanced life support, equipment, supplies and drugs as required.
· Drives and operates the fire engine as assigned when the Captain or Driver is absent upon
completion of step-up process.
· Performs maintenance and minor repair work on vehicles and equipment.
· Maintains all equipment in a functional condition.
· Maintains the station which includes housekeeping and repairs.
· Conducts tours, talks, demonstrations and classes to educate the public on fire safety.
· Participates in continuing training classes.
· Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Causes for Temporary or Permanent rejection for the Fire Department Background Standards: