Chicago Firefighters responded to a natural gas smellÂ on the City’s Southside. Companies responded to 2148 W. 107th Place around 09:30 this morning when a report of an explosion came in. Companies originally responded to the smell of natural gas which was called in by several people. Shortly thereafter a home exploded. Companies found a home that had exploded with heavy fire conditions. The fire was elevated to a 2-11 Alarm Fire and a Level II Hazmat. Here is more on the story. Thank you to CINS (Current Incident Notification Services) For the details on this incident. Additional photos have been provided of this incident from photographer Tim Olk.Â A relief fund has also been established for the Sheahan FamilyÂ here.