Thought this sounded interesting at first glance. Â A pool fire in Southeastern Wisconsin. Â Turns out the pool was dry and was being used as a makeshift dump. Â Makes a little more sense now! Â Here is more on the pool fire.
Racinecountyeye.com – “Officials with the South Shore Fire Department say they donâ€™t know exactly what caused a pile of dry materials stored in an empty pool to start on fire Friday, but thereâ€™s nothing suspicious about it, either.
Lt. Ed Lockhart said the residents of the Sturtevant home were using their empty, above-ground pool as a makeshift dump, and it started on fire. Firefighters were called to the home in the 2900 block of 94th Street around 4 p.m.
â€œIt appears the pool was used for dumping stuff, and maybe someone threw something in there that ignited,â€ he said.
When crews arrived, nearby residents say the blaze was pretty big but extinguished quickly. Firefights then filled the pool to prevent the possibility of a new fire.
â€œI guess when the fire department first got there the flames were huge. They put it out with extinguishers and then decided to fill with water,â€ Theresa Ailes posted on the Racine County Eye Facebook page.”…Continue Reading Here
Photos courtesy of Theresa Ailes