Photos sent in by Photographer Dave Wilson from a recent fire on December 21, 2015. Thanks Dave for sending in your photos!
Description below from Aetna website:
“Aetna Hose, Hook & Ladder Co (Newark Fire Department) responded to a house fire in the 200 block of Edjil Dr in the community of Yorkshire on Monday, December 21.
The alarm was received just prior toÂ 10 AM.Â The fire department arrived to find heavy fire throughout the 2 story, single family dwelling.Â One resident was home at the time of the fire and was able to escape the home, along with the pet dog.
Newark Fire Department was assisted byÂ 6 other departments, including Christiana Fire Co, Mill Creek Fire Co, Cranston Heights Fire Co, Five Points Fire Co, Minquas Fire Co of Newport and NCC Emergency Medical Service.Â 42 firefighters and EMT’s worked to extinguish the fire.Â The fire was under controlÂ in 30 minutes, however the fire departmentÂ remained on the sceneÂ for over 2 hours.
The home was heavily damaged, and is uninhabitable.Â The resident of the home was transported to the hospital by fire department ambulance to be evaluated for minor injuries.Â The fire is under investigation by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
The displaced family is temporarily staying at the Homewood Suites, 640 S. College Av.Â Aetna Hose, Hook & Ladder Co has a long standing partnership with the Homewood Suites to provide temporary shelter for families displaced by fire.
The displaced family includes the father, mother, and 5 children.Â Aetna Hose, Hook & Ladder Co along with other area agencies are coordinating effortsÂ to assist the family who lost everything just days before Christmas.”
Photographer: Dave Wilson