City of Boston Fire Department Now Accepting Firefighters Exam Applications
Tuesday, January 12, 2016Â – The City of Boston Fire Department today announced that the written exam for firefighters will be administered on April 16, 2016.Â There will be an additional $50 fee for applications received afterÂ March 1, 2016,Â and no applications will be accepted afterÂ March 21, 2016.
To apply online, please visit our website atÂ www.cityofboston.gov/fire.
Boston Fire will host a series of open house sessions to provide more information and answer any questions candidates may have.
These sessions will be held on Saturdays fromÂ 10:00 a.m. – 12 noonÂ on the following dates at the listed locations:
- January 23, E9 & L2, 239 SumnerÂ St., East Boston
- February 6, E24 & L23, 36 Washington St., Dorchester
- February 13, E28 & TL10, 746 Centre St., Jamaica Plain
- February 20, E14 & L4, 174 Dudley St., Roxbury
- February 27, E48 & L28, 60 Fairmont Ave., Hyde Park
- March 5, E52 & L29, 975 Blue Hill Ave., Dorchester
The Boston Fire Department will also host a test preparation session at Florian Hall, 55 Hallet St., Dorchester onÂ March 29, 2016 from 6:00 p.m. -Â 8:00 p.m.
All sessions are free and open to the public. CancellationsÂ due to inclement weather willÂ be posted on the Boston Fire Department’s Facebook page:Â facebook.com/bostonfiredepartment.