Some raw video from a house fire in Stafford, New York. Â The video was posted byÂ Video News ServiceÂ and description is below.
“Stafford home saved in afternoon fire
A quick response, a hydrant that was not frozen, and the eyes of a passerby save a house from burning down in Stafford this afternoon.
According to Deputy Matthew Butler, a passerby was the first to notice smoke pouring from the eaves of a one story home at 9464 Roanoke road about 1:30 p.m.
The passerby attempted to alert the homeowner by knocking on the door, but no one was home at the time the fire broke out.
After Deputy Butler arrived and reported heavy smoke coming from the structure the fire went to a second alarm.
Fire companies from the Town of Batavia, LeRoy, Pavilion, Bethany and the City of Batavia Fast Team responded along with Stafford fire.
Stafford 4th Assistant Chief Tim Eckdahl says manpower is always an issue in the afternoon hours. With a quick response from the Town of Batavia, LeRoy Fire and City of Batavia, crews were able to move quickly and set up using a hydrant across the street from the residence.
Eckdahl says the hydrant was shoveled out. A person with a plow on their pick-up truck even cleared the driveway for the LeRoy ladder truck.
With everyone’s assistance at the scene the fire crews were able to save the structure.
The home did suffer smoke and water damage and the roof had to be cut open for ventilation. Eckdahl says the Red Cross will probably have to help out the residents until those things can be repaired.
The fire is believed to have started in the mud room between the 3 car garage and the house.
No one was injured.
For more on this story watch WHAM.”