The City of Pearland is establishing an eligibility list to fill as many as 6 current full-time vacancies, as well as subsequent vacancies for the Firefighter position. Â We are seeking motivated persons who will demonstrate their commitment to protecting life and property and providing service the Pearland way.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications outlined below to be considered for employment:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection Basic Firefighter Certification
- Texas Department of State Health Services Paramedic Certification
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass a written and physical exam, background investigation, and NFPA physical and drug screen.
Candidate Preference:Â Candidates will be selected for testing based in order of the following preference:
- Those certified by Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) as a FirefighterÂ andÂ the Department of State Health Services as a Paramedic.
- Those certified by Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) as a Firefighter and currently enrolled in Paramedic school.Â Must obtain Texas Department of State Health Services Paramedic certification prior to any offer of employment.
- Those certified by the Department of State Health Services as a Paramedic and currently enrolled in a fire academy.Â Must obtain TCFP Firefighter certification prior to any offer of employment.
Salary:Â Â Â $45.9-50.5K annual ($16.65 – $18.32/hour excluding FLSA overtime) DOQ plus an additional $450/month Paramedic certification pay.
For more information on the essential functions, knowledge, and skills required for this position, view the complete job description by clickingÂ here.
More information and links to apply at: City of PearlandÂ Â