Deadline: February 8, 2016
Salary: $50,098 to $71,084/Annually
The City of Franklin is accepting applications to fill several upcoming vacancies and to establish an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/EMT.Â Please carefully read thru all application instructions below:
Applications must be RECEIVED by 12:00 noon on Monday, February 8, 2016.
Qualifications:Â 18 years of age or older; Firefighter II certification*; WI EMT basic license*; valid driverâ€™s license; Associate Degree in a fire related field or a Bachelorâ€™s degree*; excellent health and physical condition.Â (* – These three items can be provided prior to a conditional offer of employment with the Police & Fire Commission as long as it can be shown that the applicant is actively pursuing completion.)
Salary:Â (Wages as of 12/31/2015) Initial hire – $50,098/Annually to $71,084/Annually after 4 years employment with excellent benefits package.
Job Description: Â View job description here.
Hiring Process: View the Police & Fire Commissionâ€™s 2016 Hiring Process here.
- Complete both the City of Franklin application and the Additional Information Page for Firefighter/EMT.Â Â (Please note that the SS# and email address are mandatory for this position).
- Make sure all of your firefighter or EMT experience is reflected in the Work History, Additional Experience, or the Qualifications sections of the application form or on a separate resume.
- Submit the following items in your application packet:
- Completed application
- Completed Additional Informational Page for Firefigher/EMT
- Answer on a separate piece of paper the question â€œWhy do you want to be a City of Franklin firefighter/EMT.â€Â Be specific in your answer.
- A resume of no more than 2 pages is encouraged, but not required.
- *College Transcripts (These do not have to be certified copies.Â If they do not show what degree has been conferred, Associates or Bachelors, please also provide a copy of your diploma.)
- *Firefighter II certification
- *WI EMT basic license
- National Registry Paramedic license, if applicable
- CPAT certificate, if you have completed the testing and your certificate is not expired
(* – These three items can be provided prior to a conditional offer of employment as long as it can be shown that the applicant is actively pursuing completion. Please note this on the Additional Information Page.)
DO NOT include other items, such as reference letters, additional training documentation, etc. in your application packet.
Application packets must be RECEIVED by 12:00 Noon on Monday, February 8, 2016.Â Packets Â should be placed into a manila envelope and either mailed to the City of Franklin, ATTN:Â Human Resources, 9229 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132, or may be dropped off at the City Clerkâ€™s office at the same address (there is a drop box outside the main entrance for those wanting to drop off applications after 5:00 p.m.).Â No applications will be accepted via e-mail or FAX.Â Â DO NOT SEND APPLICATION PACKETS TO THE FIRE DEPARTMENT.
The completed applications will be reviewed to ensure applicants do meet the required criteria and that the application has been completed properly.Â Failure to completely fill out the application and/or return it by the deadline will be cause for disqualification.Â Â Those applicants that have correctly filled out the applications will be offered the opportunity to participate in the Written Test, which is expected to be given on Saturday, 3/12/2016.Â You will receive an email from the State testing facility approximately 1 week to 10 days before the testing date.
If you have any questions please call Human Resources Coordinator Dana Zahn at 414-427-7505, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.