Deadline: June 1, 2015
Salary: $55,707 Per Year
- Applicants must be 21 years of age at the date of the written test. No person who is 35 years of age or older shall be eligible to take the examination unless the person has had previous employment status as a full-time firefighter in a municipality or FPD located in Illinois or served as a paid-on-call or part-time firefighter for the five (5) years immediately preceding the time the municipality began using full-time firefighters. Birth certificate is required.
- Applicants must be citizens and residents of the United States. Proof of “Citizenship Status” as defined by US Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- High school diploma or evidence of a GED equivalence diploma.
- Valid ILLINOIS State Driver’s License Required at the time of appointment.
- Applicants must possess EMT-B License at time of application, EMT-P at time of conditional offer of hire.
- CPAT: Proof of successful completion of the Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT) and Ladder Climb conducted by a licensed CPAT testing agency is required by July 31, 2015. CPAT testing must have been completed no earlier than one (1) year.
- Passing score on FireTEAM test. This requires attaining a score that is at or above the median score for all applicants participating in the written test. Written test must be completed by June 30, 2015.
- National or Illinois Paramedic license obtained at time of conditional offer of employment. Candidates are required to obtain Basic Certified Firefighter Certification from Illinois OSFM during their probationary period. Candidates are required to test into Illinois Region 7 – South Cook County EMS System during their probationary period.
How to Apply: The following application information and documentation must be submitted to the department at: FFApplicant@southholland.org. Applications packets must be completed and submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. CST on June 1, 2015.
- Completed and electronically signed NTN Firefighter Application and Personal Data Questionnaire (PHQ).
- Preference Point Claim Form for preference points. (must be notarized).
- Copy of valid Driver’s License and Driverâ€™s license abstract. (Illinois license required at the time of appointment).
- Copy of Birth Certificate – notarized copy
- Copy of High School Diploma or evidence of GED equivalence diploma
- Copy of Illinois EMT-B License or National EMT-B License
- Copy of Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and valid Ladder Climb Certificate
- DD 214 for Veteranâ€™s Points