12 Department Hiring Process
Deadline: February 6, 2019
UNDERSTAND THE REQUIREMENTS
- You must take and pass the CVTC Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) as part of the 2019 process. We will not accept the CPAT taken elsewhere.
- Review and understand the unique requirements for each department you are applying to.
- If you are claiming Veterans Preference you will need a DD214 form.
PREPARE & SCAN REQUIRED MATERIALS
All resumes, certifications, licensures, and documents are highly encouraged to be scanned so they can be attached to your application. You will need to scan and save your documents prior to starting your application. If you do not scan and attach your documents, a department may request hard copies of them later in the process.
Documents to scan:
State Driver’s License
DD214 if you are claiming Veterans Preference
- Cover Letter (1 for all FD’s)
Proof of certifications and licensures
- Any other employment related documents
SET ASIDE SOME TIME?
The application is very detailed. You will be able to save your application and come back at a later date to finish it. However, once you submit your application, you will not be able to revise or alter the information. Make sure the application is filled out completely and accurately before submitting.
YOU WILL NEED TO FILL OUT A SEPARATE APPLICATION FOR EACH FIRE DEPARTMENT YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR, however most of your information will transfer over from the first application which makes subsequent applications more timely.
Departments Included in this process:
Click HERE to see the minimum requirements for all of the departments.
How to Apply: The full job description and application can be found HERE.